Pages

May 6, 2011

Hmm...

Last week at my niece's birthday party, I heard something that caught my attention. Me and the hubby were sitting at a picnic table and an elderly gentleman and his grandson came and sat at the bench behind us, they were talking about how much things were worth. The grandfather was telling his grandson about the silver pieces he was going to give him to use as college money, and that they were worth $250. The grandson was amused, but then started telling this story about how his limited edition PSP was worth $5,000, he knew this because he looked it up on ebay. He went on to describe it, so I couldn't help but pay attention. I finally got around to looking on ebay today, and typed in the exact description as the boy had said, and found nothing even close to $5,000! The one he was describing was $250.

This has no relevance, really, I just thought it was funny. The grandpa sounded like he wanted to laugh and say "yeah, right, sure kid", but instead he just nodded and said "huh, is that so...".

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment